Tuesday, April 3, 2012

How can you tell when eavestroughs need to be replaced?

The life of eavestroughs or gutters is about 20 years. Most of these older  eavestroughs are the old "Spike" or "Nail" type . Over this time the nails start to pull out and the the eaves sag in the middle areas of the longest runs and water is unable to flow through to downspouts. So they overflow over the edgles which can leak into your house and cause water damage.
Signs to recognize are 1) The fact that you have nails sticking out. 2)Leaking corners. 3) Water overflow marks along the eaves. Dark streaks and dirt stuck on the outside of the eaves.
Caulking corners on old eaves is really not the answer as the eaves have "Lost their slope" . Some people try to reslope eaves but  after moving them around then the corners caulking cracks  and they leak more .

The solution is to replace them with new seamless extruded eaves trough which are properly sloped and with brand new screwed in brackets that hold extremely well in all weather conditions with new caulking in corners.
Early spring is the best time to get this work done before April and May showers and summer rain storms.
Contact professionals like Gutter Force that specialize in this aluminum work. Check out www.gutterforce.com for more information,  call 416 809 2922 for a free estimate

16 comments:

  1. This is about how ours is looking right about now. I think we will definitely have to hire an eavestrough toronto company to come take a look at it. Hopefully it's not too much to fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the picture. I didn't actually know what an eavestrough was before this, yet I was just told that I needed to get mine replaced. I blame the ice here in Calgary. It breaks things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I'd like to learn more about eavestrough repair in Edmonton. I have been fixing up my auntie's house and I need all the help I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea what these even were let alone when to replace them until one summer we had a really bad wind storm and our eavestrough in calgary completely came off the house! When I asked they said it was because I had never replaced it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog! I have been wondering if I needed to get my eavestrough replace, and from the looks of the information on this blog, it is in need of some serious replacement. Thanks so much for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this article, its been a really great read. I've never dealt much with eavestrough in Calgary before. I'm so excited to learn a few things and hopefully get a better understanding how it works. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know some people that can do eavestrough in toronto. Its a hard line of work i think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this information with us, Its really help full for me.
    Eavestrough replacemen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this information with us, Its really help full for me.
    Toronto Eavestrough replacemen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replacing my eaves-troughs is a chore that is long overdue. I have all the warning signs that you listed. Nails are sticking out everywhere, and the corners leak copiously. Since I am such a procrastinator, I had better just call a repair service.

    http://www.kelkurwest.ca/en/services.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently noticed that the eavestroughs installed on my home were leaking at the corners a little bit. I didn't really think this was a serious issue that needed to be taken care of right away, so I've been procrastinating replacing them. I suppose it would be a good idea for me to replace it with new seamless extruded eavestroughs soon. I'm glad that I noticed that it was leaking now so that I can get it taken care of before the next big storm this summer.
    Bill Li | http://www.kelkurwest.ca/en/services.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to find a business like this. I need to find someone who will replace my eavestroughs. I am sure that it is time for them to be replaced. They look worn out. http://www.armstrongandnelson.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mother had some seamless eavestroughs installed just before they sold their house. They had needed to be replaced for a number of years, but selling the house was the push they needed to get it done. It is funny how a small change like that can make a place look different.
    http://www.beaumart.ca/index.php/products-home-renovation/11-products-eaves-leaf-guards

    ReplyDelete
  14. eaves through cleaning calgary was so easy to deal with. I sent a few texts and the whole thing was confirmed within minutes. She also accommodated my request at fairly short notice , very nice services you also have offering ! Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  15. How to know when your eavestroughs need replacing? Easy. Contact Clear Cut Group: Mississauga Eavestrough Cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great information..
    We initially focused on residential installations of eavestrough, soffit and fascia. Their services quickly expanded throughout the ‘90s to include residential roofing and siding along with commercial steel applications for walls and roofs.
    Eavestrough Winnipeg
    Vinyl siding companies Winnipeg

    ReplyDelete